Counselors attended ENGAGE training event at Cincinnati State
Cincinnati State welcomed 30 counselors from Cincinnati Public Schools and a dozen other area high schools and community agencies to the ENGAGE | Counselors event on Jan. 10, 2020, on Clifton Campus.
Participants earned five hours of professional development credit while learning about Cincinnati State programs and services, and discussing current educational issues.
Schools and agencies represented included:
- Butler Tech Bioscience Center
- Cincinnati Public Schools
- Elder High School
- Fairfield High School
- Loveland City Schools
- Madeira High School
- Mason High School
- Purcell Marian High School
- Seton High School
- Taylor High School
- Talbert House
- West Clermont High School
- Winton Woods High School
Learning sessions were facilitated by Cincinnati State faculty and staff, industry experts, and several of the College’s local transfer partners. Topics included:
- Guided Pathways: Report on Cincinnati State’s progress in implementing Guided Pathway projects.
- Greater Cincinnati Needs for Associate Degree Graduates: Panel discussion with representatives of the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, Partners for a Competitive Workforce, and General Electric on how to meet regional demand for an educated workforce through credentials that include certificates and associate’s degrees.
- Managing Disruptive and Dangerous Behavior in the Classroom and Beyond: Discussion of systemic approaches to managing disruptive and dangerous behaviors while maximizing safety, educational integrity, and dignity of all affected parties.
- CCP to Degree: Panel discussion of ways to help students maximize the benefits of College Credit Plus.
- Transfer Student Opportunities: Representatives from the University of Cincinnati, Wilmington College, Chatfield College, Northern Kentucky University, Mount St. Joseph University, and Cincinnati State discussed opportunities including the Ohio Transfer Module, articulation agreements, scholarships, admission to bachelor’s degree honors programs, and more.
ENGAGE | Counselors is one of three annual ENGAGE events that give high school students, teachers, counselors, and others opportunities to gain first-hand knowledge and deeper understanding of Cincinnati State’s academic programs and support services.
GE Aviation is the sponsor for all 2019-20 ENGAGE activities including the student event held in October 2019, the counselor event in January 2020, and the workshop for high school teachers to be held in June 2020.