This hands-on, industry-driven course was designed in partnership with eight regional chemical and process manufacturing firms to develop real-world technical training to become a highly-paid technician in the process technology industry.
The course is offered one day a week, for 15 weeks, and includes classroom, laboratory, and field training from industry experts. The training topics were selected by the industry representatives and focuses on the skills needed to enable new employees to provide immediate contributions to the production operations.
JOB TITLES AT COURSE COMPLETION
- Chemical Operator Technician
- Process Technician
- Brewery Technician
CINCINNATI STATE EDUCATIONAL PATHWAYS
- Chemical Operator Level 2 (WDC)
- Chemical Technology Operator Certificate (CMTOC)
- Chemical Technology Associate Degree
- Environmental Engineering Technology (EVT)
- Environmental Engineering Technology – Storm water Management Major (EVTS)
- Environmental Engineering Technology – Water and Wastewater Major (EVTW)
- Environmental Safety and Security Certificate (EVTSC)
|START DATE||END DATE||DAYS||TIMES|
|September 2, 2021||December 16, 2021||Thursday||12:00 PM – 5:00 PM|
|January 27, 2022||April 27, 2022||Thursday||12:00 PM – 5:00 PM|
Chemical Operator Level 1, WDC Certificate
|COURSE||COURSE NUMBER||CONTACT HOURS||CREDIT HOURS||COURSE FEE|
|Chemical Operator Level 1|
A course on the Process Industry and the roles and responsibilities of Process Technicians. Topics include: applied chemistry and physics; process industry equipment; occupational safety; and skills and attitudes needed to succeed as a Process Technician.