Online Orientation Workshop
Online classes are different from face-to-face classes, and require students to use a number of digital tools and processes.
An Online Orientation Workshop is available to help students prepare for success in online courses at Cincinnati State, by providing hands-on experience in the online environment.
The online workshop is free and self-paced. It takes 1 to 3 hours to complete, and you can stop and restart the orientation over several sessions.
How to Register for the Online Orientation Workshop:
- Login to MYCSTATE.
- Click on the College Community tab.
- Under the Organization Catalog module, click on the “Online Orientation Workshop” link.
- In the “Organization ID” column, hover your cursor over and then click on the down arrow next to OOW. Then click on “Enroll.”
- Once you are on the Self Enrollment page, click “Submit.”
You will now find the Online Orientation Workshop you’ve registered for under the My Organizations module in the College Community page of your MYCSTATE.
Online Orientation Workshop FAQs
What is the purpose of the workshop?
This workshop is designed to help students assess their readiness for an online course at Cincinnati State by providing some hands-on experience.
How much is the workshop and how long will it take to complete?
The online workshop is free and self-paced. It takes 1 to 3 hours to complete, and you can complete it over several sessions, if you wish.
Who should take the O.O.W.?
Anyone who wishes to freshen their online learning and Blackboard skills.
What are the workshop objectives?
• Demonstrate your ability to use tools in Blackboard, the College’s Learning Management System
• Explain the characteristics of a successful CState online student
• Identify key policies and procedures for online students
• Choose appropriate college resources that support online students