Online Orientation available for new students
Starting July 13, 2020, students beginning their Cincinnati State experience can complete a comprehensive New Student Orientation program that is fully online.
The Online Orientation is available to students by clicking the “New Student Orientation” tab in MyCState/Blackboard.
- The Online New Student Orientation takes about an hour to complete, but students can finish the program in multiple visits.
- Students who finish the orientation receive a Certificate of Completion.
- The online orientation is accessible on a variety of browsers, computers, and mobile devices, and is ADA-compliant.
Topics covered in the orientation are:
- Technology & Support Services
- Student Life
- Paying for College
- Policies & Safety
- Registration & Student Success
The online orientation includes several resources that students will be able to use throughout their time as a Cincinnati State student, such as:
- Glossary of college terms
- Interactive to-do list
- “Items of interest” that students can select as they work through the orientation
- Ability to print all of the orientation slides, if desired
The online orientation was produced by the multimedia company Advantage Design Group, with guidance from a College task force that represented all academic divisions and service areas.
Because of COVID-19, Advantage Design Group was not able to complete planned on-campus video shooting that was scheduled for Spring Semester. The video shoot will be rescheduled in the future.
The revised version of the orientation (after the video shoot is finished) will include updated video components, videos quizzes, and a video “walking tour” that will highlight specific Cincinnati State programs and services, and feature Cincinnati State students.
Questions and/or updates for the orientation content can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Screen capture photo provided by Lisa Lucas)