Academic Advisors help students in these ways:
- Provide support in achieving your educational goals
- Work with you to develop an academic plan and an appropriate schedule of classes
- Help you understand College policies and procedures
- Monitor and help you address academic challenges
- Make strategic referrals to campus support services
- Educate you on meeting requirements for graduation
New Student Advising
New or returning students enrolled in a degree program should meet with your Academic Advisor before registering for classes.
If you are a new student, check your Admission letter to confirm the academic division where you should schedule your advising appointment.
Schedule an Advising appointment via Starfish:
- Watch this instructional video on how to log into your MyCState account.
- In MyCState, click on the Starfish link at the top of the screen, then click on your Student Success Network to schedule your advising appointment.
Schedule an Advising appointment via Text or Phone Call (include your student ID in your message):
- Business Technologies – Text (513) 818-3197 or Call (513) 569-1620
- Engineering and Information Technologies – Text (513) 818-3421 or Call (513) 569-1743
- Health and Public Safety – Text (513) 818-3491 or Call (513) 569-1670
- Humanities and Sciences – Text (513) 818-3323 or Call (513) 569-1700
- Middletown – Text (513) 783-1850 or Call (513) 217-3700
All new students seeking a degree at Cincinnati State must meet with an academic advisor after admission to the College
Continuing students can schedule academic advising appointments using the Starfish tab in MyCState.
Cincinnati State has four academic divisions that provide college-credit bearing associate’s degree programs, certificate programs, and courses at the Clifton, Middletown, and Harrison campuses.